Sunday, March 24, 2013

On my way to Santa Fe...chicken...

Here's a quick, easy recipe for a dish called Santa Fe chicken. Sorry about the post title, I had nothing...So, here we go, it's easy.

Santa Fe Chicken:

Large jar of salsa (24 oz is what I like) *or more if you want more liquid
1 can of black or kidney beans
1 can of corn
2 1/2 lbs of chicken
 8 oz of cream cheese

Cook the chicken (I season it with taco seasoning and garlic salt for this particular dish) and cube (here's a small trick I learned with chicken that will be cut up anyway, after I season it and put it in the pan, I use tongs and scissors to cut it up while it's cooking. You have to cut it up anyway, and it's less messy and cooks faster. This tip is free. You are welcome). Put the chicken in a crock pot along with all the other ingredients to heat up, stir occasionally. I usually serve with rice, but tortillas work well also.  I would add some hot sauce and green chili's but alas my family does not allow. I also serve with shredded cheese, lite sour cream, cilantro and some hot sauce on the side.

We had this at a friends several years ago and have been making it since. Thanks Debbie Peterson.



1 comment: