Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pasta paradiso!

If you're never had/made homemade pasta, I highly recommend it. It's been a while since I've made it and I believe we're about due. Typically when I make pasta, I also make the sauce(s). The three sauces I normally do are red sauce, alfredo sauce, and/or pesto. In a later post I'll talk about sauces, but for now,  pasta. Here's a pic to get things started:

Pasta drying on the air hockey table in the sun room.
Here's a basic recipe:

Ingredients:
2 C AP Flour
2 C Semolina flour
pinch of salt
6 large eggs
2 T olive oil

Directions:
Sift both flours and salt into mixing bowl (I use a KitchenAide), and mix on low, add eggs one at a time (I always crack my eggs into a separate bowl first just in case), add the oil and mix until it forms a ball, don't over mix. Put the dough on a floured surface and knead for a minute. I then use my hand crank pasta machine and usually do a fettucini type noodle. I recommend the hand crank type since they last forever and are inexpensive. Here's mine;


Anyway, simple, simple. It tastes great, too. It only takes a few minutes to cook and it's cheap to make and much better than store bought. I'll add a couple of pics my niece in AK sent me when they made farfalle. 






Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment