Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snack attack

We had some frozen, unbaked dinner rolls in the freezer and we were trying to think of something a little less boring to do with them than just bake them. I came across a recipe for Pepperoni, mozzarella pull apart bread that I thought looked good. So, I changed it (please see *disclaimer in an earlier post). The recipe calls for pepperoni (hence the name), which I promptly switched to salami (I like to live dangerously) and also an olive oil dipping sauce to roll the dough in, which I translated as "use your homemade pesto." Anyway, we cut each roll into 4, rolled them balls, then tossed them in the pesto. We layered, the pesto dough balls, cubed salami, and cubed mozzarella in a bundt pan (2 layers) and baked at 350° for 30-40 min. Quick, easy, fun to eat. Buon Appetito!





5 comments:

  1. And if Sarah leaves in the oven too long, it can double as a handy toilet seat...

    Looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Yeah, it was good. Not healthy, per se. but good...

      Delete
    2. Geez bro, show me some love! Actually it's a clever idea.

      Delete
  2. I love the recipes...but hate cooking. Is that a prob? Just send some stuff up pre-made packed in dry ice.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Nice. I do remember you on your own back in the day, cold cereal and Totino's frozen pizza king...

    ReplyDelete