Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A bit of an experiment...


I was given a bag of fresh veggies from a friends garden yesterday and among the delectables were jalepeno peppers and banana peppers. Since I would be the only one to eat them in our house, I wanted to preserve them a bit, so I thought I would make a quick salsa verde. I tossed the peppers whole onto a sheet pan and roasted them for about 25-30 minutes @ 325°, let them cool a bit, pulled the stems off and threw them in a blender with about 2 t of capers. Yup, that is correct, capers. So, I guess it became a mexican/italian type salsa. The peppers tasted great (quite hot actually) but needed a bit of salt, so I threw the capers in to stretch it a bit and give it the salt. It turned out great, although it's a bit spicy so I'm guessing I'll have it for a while.







Buon Appetito!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment