Monday, July 29, 2013

From my bro...151 Chocolates

Sorry, no pic...I have yet to try these, but my bro says they are all the rage. A friend makes them and is asked to bring them whenever invited anywhere. I will update when I get around to making them.


"151 Chocolates

What you need: 
Chocolate wafers, flavors of your choice. I used milk chocolate and white chocolate. 
Candy squeeze bottles
Candy molds
Kahlua
Bailey's 
Bacardi 151
Measuring Cup
Powdered Sugar


Begin by putting the chocolate wafers into the candy squeeze bottles (fill bottles about half way) and melting them down in a pot of boiling water. Be careful not to let the bottles melt! 
Once your chocolate is melted coat the candy mold so that you cannot see any of the mold itself. Make sure to get the bottom as well as the sides completely coated. 

Once you have a good coating down place the candy mold in the freezer for about 5 minutes, this is just to harden the chocolate, don't leave it in too long or the chocolate will turn white and chalky looking.

While this is setting in the freezer, start your filling mixture. 
For this you will need your measuring cup. 
The amounts of the liquor you use is really up to you, I did equal part Bailey's and Kahlua, and two parts 151. 
Now add enough powdered sugar to turn your liquid into a syrup. This will prevent it from melting the chocolate once we're all done. 

Once you chocolate is set and you're content with the thickness of the shell, go ahead and fill your molds with the liquor syrup. Once filled place this back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. 

Remove from the freezer and use the remaining chocolate to coat the tops of the candy molds. Make sure that there are no holes or open spaces. Place back in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes,  remove from the mold carefully and break off any excess chocolate not a part of the mold. 


Enjoy!"

Thanks to Ashley Lytle, via Dan DiGloria.


Buon Appetito! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife told me to clarify...when I was sent the recipe, I posted it just as I received it...anyway, by chocolate wafers, she means chocolate chips basically.

    ReplyDelete