Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baking Stone

So, the other night I was a bit late in getting dinner going, but I at least had the foresight to thaw a couple of pizza dough balls in case. Since the wife had to stay late, the kids and I threw together 4 pizza/flatbread type concoctions. I had some leftover stuffed pepper filling (cream cheese, ricotta, romano, italian bread crumbs, garlic, eggs, and a wee bit of crushed red pepper. Sometime I add pancetta which is awesome, too). Anyway, Like I said in an earlier post, more on that later when I have some pics. So, I used that filling as a base sauce, then added a little leftover pesto, a bit of romano, and mozzarella on 2 of them and the other 2 were the same except with bacon. They were awesome.

Proof that I am not making this up. 

I wanted to give a shout-out to the pizza/baking stone, too. I bought a Fibrament stone several months back and have been more than pleased. Several people have asked me about the stone, so here's a link:
It's been awesome for pizza and bread, and once it's "seasoned" can just live in the oven.

My baking stone is 15 x 20 and fits perfectly in the oven. I can make 2 pizzas at a time.





Some of these pics appeared in other posts, but I just added them as kudos to my stone. I would highly recommend the Fibrament.


Buon Appetito! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment