Thursday, May 16, 2013

Comfort food...

Sometimes, you just want the good old, time tested standby's. An easy, relaxed dinner last night with our Italian comfort food.






Homemade sauce, homemade meatballs, but not homemade pasta...I do that, too, but only when I have a lot of time. Incidentally, I used all beef for the meatballs, the old school method, and one I recommend, is to use ground beef, ground pork, and ground veal, very nice...Also, to keep them moist, you can take old bread and soak it in milk or buttermilk and add it to the mix. I also add italian bread crumbs, garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, parsley, rosemary, and an egg or two, as well. Then I bake them. Sorry, I don't have a meatball recipe to post, I always wing it. 

Buon Appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment