Friday, May 3, 2013

From a friend...

Here's a fairly simple recipe from a friend. Why not make these at home? You'll save money and they taste much better!




Ingredients
3/4 lb Good quality dark or milk chocolate
1 Cup of Smooth or Chunky Peanut Butter (I used smooth)
1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup of Graham Crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
Peanut butter cup mold about $1.50 each (available at craft stores) or muffin papers
Directions:
Chocolate
Melt chocolate at 50% power in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds. The chocolate does not have to be completely melted, as it sits little pieces will melt in. Be extra careful not to overheat the chocolate or it will seize.
Place about a teaspoon of chocolate in each well or muffin cup and with the back of a spoon, “pull” the chocolate up the sides ensuring the bottom and sides are completely covered.
Place in the freezer for about 30 seconds to stiffen up the chocolate and you can “re-pull” more or fill in any gaps.
Place back into the fridge
Filling
Mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt and graham crumbs in a bowl
Microwave about 90 seconds to soften the mixture and allow it to be poured.
Place 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into the cup and gently tap or shake to smooth it.
Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes
Top: 
Spoon enough chocolate on top of the peanut butter to cover it and shake or tap the mold/cup to smooth the top
Refrigerate until cold



Buon Appetito!

2 comments:

  1. Please include the link to my post with this recipe or remove my content. This belongs to me.

    http://www.spendwithpennies.com/reeses-peanut-butter-cups-recipe/

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Holly, I apologize for posting the homemade Reeses cups recipe the wrong way or without permission...I'm new to this and I'm not entirely sure how it all works. I appreciate your letting me know and also your patience on this. I'll take care of it now. I think I did it right this time. Again, I apologize, I'm learning, and a friend sent this to me and it looked great. Please let me know if I took care of it or if I need to do something else. Thanks, JSD

      Delete