Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cheesecake toppings-Review




So, I had wanted to jot down a quick thought I had about cheesecake toppings. I had just posted about the plain cheesecake and the raspberry amaretto sauce, so I won't bother with that one again so recently.  In that same vein, though, I also do a berry compote that's pretty easy that I had mentioned in the panna cotta post as well. When I mess with recipes, I look at a bunch, glean what I like, and ultimately come up with my own. I look at recipes as guides not commandments. I also look for versatility. Like with the two I just mentioned, either can be used on top of cheesecakes, panna cotta, ice cream, etc. I also do two toppings for when I make the hazelnut cheesecake or the maple pecan cheesecake that I have also mentioned, but they can stand on their own and are worth another nod. I like these because they are simple and delish...

Maple Pecan Topping:

1 C cream
1 C maple syrup
1 C pecans, roasted and chopped

Boil cream and syrup for 15-20 min, take off heat, pour over pecans, stir, then top uncut cheesecake (usually maple/brown sugar cheesecake)

Hazelnut Topping

1 C cream
1 C brown sugar
1 C hazelnuts, roasted and chopped

Same as above...
Brown Sugar/Maple Syrup/Pecan
Hazelnut

Of course, there's also the chocolate ganache topping for the triple chocolate cheesecake or the chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Talk about versatile! Ganache is good on anything and everything!

Chocolate Ganache:

24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 C cream, scalded
2 oz butter
2 T corn syrup

Scald cream, add butter and corn syrup, pour over chocolate chips. Once chips melt, stir. Done. Easy.

Chocolate Raspberry

Just threw this in to brag on momma a bit...I made this white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake for an order, but momma made the white chocolate leaves and decorated it along with fresh raspberries. I cannot take credit for the artistry.



Buon Appetito!













No comments:

Post a Comment