Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sweat Shop (not to be confused with "Sweet Shop")

So, I often force the children to help me, against their will, of course. My hope is that someday they will enjoy cooking and feeding people, too. We shall see. At the very least, they will know how to do a lot of things. I remember the good ol' days, when kids had chores and learned to work...I'm guessing we hated it, too back then, but eventually became thankful for it. As for my kids, they will most likely be well rounded in the "domestic arts" and hopefully look back thankfully someday...
We worked on an order of tiramisu and panna cotta with triple berry compote today. They did well and didn't complain too much...here's some proof of their sentence of hard labor.

Grating chocolate and assembling tiramisu

Panna Cotta cooling

tiramisu cream

Happy little panna cottas


So, yeah, make 'em earn their keep! They will be thankful...someday...maybe...I hope...


Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment