Friday, April 12, 2013

A cookie walks into a bar...

No, I got nothing on the joke front...however, I have easy cookie bars! I made a batch tonight and it took like 30 minutes all together including baking time.
Here you go, and this is my recipe (for those that have scolded me for posting other people's recipes...I forgive you).

Cookie bars:

In a 9 x 13

3 C of crumbs (biscotti, graham, Oreo's, whatever moves you)
8 oz (1 stick) butter, melted
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
 AND
Whatever toppings you like! Ie:
Chocolate chips
Coconut (slightly toasted)
White chocolate chips
Nuts (I like slivered almonds, slightly toasted)
Marshmallows (first time I tried these tonight)
etc, etc...

The point is, again, be creative!

Mix the crumbs with the melted butter, press into 9 x 13, spread sweetened condensed milk, add toppings, and bake for 20 -25 minutes! Voila! Easy, quick, and you can add whatever you like! For this particular batch, I used a combo crust of Oreo's and graham crackers. For the toppings I used toasted coconut, milk choc chips, white choc chips (Im an equal opportunity "chip" baker),  toasted slivered almonds, and I even cut up a few marshmallows for the heck of it (a little s'mores action).












Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment