Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Quick update on new batch of "lime-cello"

Here it is! I patiently (by which I, of course, mean impatiently) waited for 2 weeks while this batch happily steeped in the pantry. I know I mentioned all of my liqueur recipes in an earlier post, but here it is again since it's a bit different than the limoncello.



I start the same as the limoncello, zest 16-18 limes, and soak in 1.75 L of 100-proof vodka for 2 weeks. Then I add the simple syrup: 2 c sugar, 3 c water. After that I add 1 c of the fresh lime juice (from said zested limes), 1 c simple syrup (which I keep a bottle of in the fridge), and 1 c vodka (which I also keep on hand and encourage my wife to sip as it appears to make me more attractive). I find the lime zest is not as flavorful as the lemon zest, so I started adding some of the juice and that seemed to take care of it. 


Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment