Thursday, April 4, 2013

This has a point, I promise.

Last night we were supposed to meet a family at a restaurant. I would say "friends" but we don't know them yet. Our son Anthony (12) met a new kid in school and before the boys hung out, the parents thought we should all meet, sounded like a good idea since we like to know who our kids hang with. It turned out the dad had gotten a stomach bug, so we had to reschedule. All that to say, that I got home a bit later than expected and had not done any prep for dinner thinking we were going out. So, I scrambled and I searched the pantry, fridge, freezer, etc. I am not bragging, I promise! However, since we're on the subject of me...I thought I would show you what we ended up with. Like I said, I am not bragging, and there is a point to this. Here we go:




Here's my point. Be creative. This is what I did. I found pasta, a can of chicken, a can of chopped claims, a can of cream of mushroom soup, some frozen peas, some white wine, a little mozzarella, and voila! Noodle surprise. I also found a small baguette so I lightly buttered and sprinkled some garlic salt and toasted in the oven, and crostini was born.
For the sauce, I used the cream of mushroom, white wine, minced garlic, milk, rosemary, thyme, and mozzarella, tossed with the chicken and clams, and then the pasta. Ok, ok, maybe I was a little proud of myself, but the point is, look around, look at what you have, and be creative! It's easy.
We're still looking at doing some cooking classes if we can find the right venue, and of course, if we have some interest. Here's my take, cooking is more creativity and some science, while baking, is some creativity and more science. Either way, be creative.

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment